Saturday, December 27, 2008

Interesting article on why you shouldn't use a Teflon pan


The new "green pan"

When I went to a holistic Dr. she did tell me not to cook with any aluminum or teflon pans. We only had one Calphalon telflon pan but I rarely use it. She said that a cast iron pan was the best to cook with. Apparently cooking with telflon releases toxic gases (a few being carcogenic). I saw these new "Green pans" in Target the other day and wondered about them and decided to do some research. They claim to be safe but I am not all too sure about it.

Read this
http://www.blogher.com/greenpan-safe-alternative-toxic-teflon

1 comment:

bleu said...

I researched the green pans and beyond what is still questionable they are falling apart left and right. If you check out amazon's and home shopping networks reviews of them they are horrific!!!

My 2 cents:
Best bet is use cast iron or steel for most stuff and either a teflon for low heat searing or egg frying or the diamond cut non teflon pans.