Monday, January 19, 2009

Back in DC

This past week has been a pretty good week. I headed up to NYC for work on Sunday, had a late meeting on Sunday and then headed back into the office on Monday. We all could agree that the project wasn't as organized as it should have been but I just did what I needed to do. My week basically consisted of teaching classes and walking around and checking on people. It was a really nice office (I camped out in a office which faced NJ and I had a prime view of the Statue *f Liberty and of the bay. I had nice light all day but it was sure cold. People in the office were very nice. Why do NY'ers always get a bad rap? Honestly I think DC folk are bigger assholes.



The entire week were longer hours but it was much less stressful than my office. It was cold as heck there so there wasn't much walking around and everyone was too lazy to get out in the cold even though 90% of them were from Chicago.

The day the plane went down in the Hudson river we saw it from our conference window (not it going down but a view of it). The other side of the building is ground zer* which sort of creeped me out. It looks like they are finally building something there. I have some photos of that but not on my camera (on my cell) so I'll upload a photo of that later.

On the way back to DC Mr. Obama's train was 30 minutes in front of ours so there was a lot of stopping but we finally made it back into DC which was another fun thing all together. There were so many people there trying to get a peek of him but I heard that no one really did. I decided to take the Metr* out of there and then hop into a cab and headed home. Yesterday was the free concert on the Mall but I stayed in. Dc is full of people, I don't dare move my car otherwise I'll never be able to park it. I am contemplating whether or not to go to the parade tomorrow. I just might but I am not in the mood to tackle the crowds. The nicest thing is the buzz around town. People are out enjoying themselves and even for a few days everyone is "happy". I am very excited for the transition and am looking forward to the country heading in another direction.

I also met this Dr. who was attending a medical conference in Boston. Apparently she practices holistic medicine and she and I had a great conversation. She was telling me about a energy healer who will be at the conference she is attending and it's very interesting. I am going to look into it. She also told me a lot about dowsing (sp). I think I was there to meet her during this trip.

No comments: