Thursday, January 8, 2009

Is it Friday yet?

This week hasn't been a terrible week at work. We brought in some new attorneys/paralegals which means I had to get them up to speed on our systems. It's been a lot of running around, etc. No biggie.

My boss asks me if I'd work in the NY office next week (that office is getting 150 people) of course I say yes. Fancy hotel, free food, time away from shitty DC. I decide that I am going to take the express train up there instead of fly. I'll leave on Sunday and return Saturday. Tonight I get an email that it might be postponed. I hate this unorganized shit. Ridiculous but it's not my bosses fault so I guess I am on stand by with my life (once again). Ok..I am flexible but now I just had to reschedule my appt. with the RE because she had to do a procedure and needed to change to another time of day that I couldn't be there. Good for me that now she'll see me in the local office instead of having to drive to her other office. My appt. is on the 23rd and I am hoping that my stupid job doesn't take me away from it. I need to go to develop what our plan is going to be. I didn't go through the hell procedure HSG for nothing and I AINT doing it again.

I am tired. Today some chick in class (don't you just know when you know that someone is a completely asshole even before you even really know them). Well this chick has some chip on her shoulder (at least a bit) which I need to knock off :)
She asked me the stupid question I think I have ever heard.

The firm provides her a bl*ckberry device. We are in training today and I tell them that they are responsible for the voice portion of the plan but the firm pays for the data portion (this is not my job to explain the billing shit) my job is to SHOW her how to use the device. She asks me, in a very snotty voice "if I am paying for the data part and I text will the firm look at those messages" she said it in a way that the firm wouldn't have "the right" to read them. She made some comment about how if she looked at her Yah** account at work then they would be able to read it. Yep, bitch that's right. Thank goodness a lawyer in my class gave her the shut down and said well "it's firm property therefore they can." I just irritated me. I wanted to give her a slap. I know she wanted to irritate me....and she didn't know that she did. I have taught Governors of state, high level people in the firm this little bitch is nothing to me and she needs to shut the fuck up and listen to what I am trying to help her with. I guess she thinks she's important.

She will be on my shit list of helping her. I know I am being a bitch but sometimes it's just what you gotta do to survive but play the game well.

No comments: